A recurring doubt among taxpayers that causes delays in procedures before the SAT; is the validity of the e-signature and the 8-digit password previously called CIECF.
Therefore, we will talk about it, to remember what is stipulated in the CFF, RMF and complementary laws. At the same time, we invite you to stay tuned for updates.
Let’s start by establishing that,
- the E.signature
- the Digital Seal Certificate (CSD)
They are valid for 4 years from their generation.
Therefore, the certificates generated in 2023 will be valid until 2027, where they will need to be renewed again.
On the other hand, the validity of the password may be affected by any of the following factors,
According to Rule 2.2.1. of the Miscellaneous Tax Resolution 2023, mentions the cases in which said 8-digit Password will be left inactive:
- When notices/requests are submitted to the RFC to annul the certificates issued by the Tax Administration Service (Article 17-H, sections III, IV and V of the CFF), the tax authority will also consider that the password will be left inactive.
- When the death of the natural person holding the certificate is proven
- When the RFC is canceled due to liquidation, spin-off or merger of companies
Likewise, when the taxpayer falls into any of the assumptions established in article 27, section C, section XIII of the CFF, that is: when it is confirmed in systems or with information provided by other authorities or by third parties that:
- The taxpayer has not carried out any activity in the five previous years,
- In 5 previous years, you have not issued tax receipts
- Do not have pending obligations to fulfill
Therefore, we recommend that you consider this information, to avoid jumps or, failing that, to know how to give the necessary attention to the easy exercise of your tax obligations.
If you have any questions about this, we remind you that at the Despacho Contable de Xalapa we are at your service to serve you with the professionalism that we are recognized for.